Best WinRAR for Mac Alternative
WinRAR is one of the most popular archiver. It's widely used to archive movie files, music files, office documents, photos, etc. WinRAR is so popular that you have to find a way to open RAR files even though you don't use WinRAR before. WinZIP is another top archiver. They are almost the same for basic file compression and uncompression. For you, the biggest difference may be that WinZIP comes with powerful ability and a user-friendly interface, while WinRAR only runs by typing commands. Below are key features of WinZIP Mac - the best WinRAR for Mac substitute.
- Zip and Unzip
- Archive and decompress files instantly by drag-and-drop and user-friendly interface.
- Compress files for file transfer, e-mail transmission and well organized data storage.
- Fit more onto CD or DVD thanks to the "Zip and Burn" feature.
- Quick Look the Zip files before you decide whether to unarchive them.
- Compress, Share and Backup
- Reduce file size effectively so it's hassle-free to send email attachments and upload files/folders.
- The "Zip and Email" feature enables you to archive and email files and folders without opening your email application.
- Guaranteed smaller file size makes it faster and easier to backup files to portable data storage devices.
- Open and edit compressed ZIP files without unzipping them first.
- Secure File Compression and Transfer
- Protect important and private files with strong passwords (128-bit or 256-bit AES encryption).
- Password-protect email attachments to prevent unauthorized access.
- Protect a specific file within a Zip file.